I hope you are practicing asking questions and intuitively receiving answers along with me. This led me to revisit one of my favorite metaphysical teachers – Florence Scovel Shinn. She was an artist and book illustrator who later became a new thought metaphysical teacher and stared writing books in the mid-1920s that were short and simple to understand yet packed a powerful punch. I highly recommend you check out her work.
The reason for my revisit with Florence was the need to practice patience during this process. Our ego/conscious mind wants immediate results but we all know waiting is a big part of life, and yet it does not have to be torturous. Maintaining a peaceful and joyful attitude is the key to being open to receiving answers and achieving success. Her treatments aka affirmations are a great way to encourage yourself, keep a positive mindset and an expectancy of positive results.
1 : bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint; 2 : manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain; 3 : not hasty or impetuous; 4 : steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity; 5 : able or willing to bear
Here are a few “treatments” to keep you going:
- NOW is the appointed time. Today is the day of my amazing good fortune!
- God makes a way where there is no way.
- Divine Love fills my consciousness with health and every cell in my body is filled with light.
- Divine Love now dissolves and dissipates every wrong condition in my mind, body and affairs. Divine Love is the most powerful chemical in the universe and dissolves everything which is not of itself.
- My supply comes from God and big happy financial surprises come to me under grace in perfect ways.
- My supply comes from God. I have the magic purse of the Spirit. It can never be depleted. As money goes out, immediately money comes in. It is always crammed and jammed with abundance under grace in perfect ways.
- I have perfect work in a perfect way. I give perfect service for a perfect pay.
- The long arm of God reaches out over people and conditions, controlling “this” situation and protecting my interests.
- I cast “this” burden on the Christ within and I go free!
- I am divinely sensitive to my intuitive leads and give instant obedience to thy will.
You can adapt these to fit your circumstances and if you do not prefer the term “God” you can substitute it with Love/Source/The Universe/All That Is or whatever makes you most comfortable and fits in with your belief system.
Mel’s Two Cents: Hope and expect the best outcome but don’t get stuck on how you think it should be, remain open and adaptable. Be kind to yourself and others during this process. Do fun things. Take good care of yourself and do what’s best and makes sense for you. Practice affirmations that are in line with what you desire knowing that “what I want wants me and is on its way.” Practice listening for answers and taking inspired action in the direction of your desire. The idea is to remain relaxed and in a good mood.
Trust is another big part of the process but we’ll discuss that next. In the meantime, say this to yourself incessantly: I am the master of my destiny and I am the epitome of patience at it’s best.
Until next time.
Contact me for a free introductory consultation at email@example.com today!